The definition of a drug is a substance that alters the way in which the body or mind works. This term applies to alcohol and drugs controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, the Medicines Act 1968 and the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016.
In this drug and alcohol awareness course you will learn about a variety of substances from Crack to Spice and many more in-between. Hear first-hand from recovering addicts about the hold substances can have, and how they broke the habit. This course will increase your understanding of substances, how they are abused and the devastating effects.
1. Substances overview and legislation
2. Alcohol awareness
3. Drugs awareness – Depressants
4. Drugs awareness – Stimulants
5. Drugs awareness – Hallucinogens
6. Signposting for help and support.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.