Course codes: PR4/2/MR/018, PR4/2/MR/019, PR4/2/MR/021, PR4/2/MR/022
Level: 2 Credits: 4
1. Understand the different forms that abuse of adults can take.
2. Understand the effects abuse can have on the individual.
3. Understand ways in which adults may be susceptible to abuse.
4. Understand the legislative framework surrounding safeguarding adults.
5. Understand the importance of responding professionally to reports of abuse.
1. Understand different forms that child abuse can take.
2. Understand signs of abuse in children.
3. Know how to respond professionally to a disclosure of abuse.
4. Understand how variations in family circumstances can result in potentially abusive situations.
5. Understand the legislative framework surrounding child protection.
Safeguarding Designated Person (DP)
1. Understand safeguarding training requirements.
2. Understand how to ensure that staff and volunteers are prepared for safeguarding responsibilities.
3. Understand the on-going role of the DP with staff and volunteers.
4. Understand the on-going role of the DP with the Local Safeguarding Board (LSB) and Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB).
Safeguarding policy and procedures
4. Know how organisations can protect staff when working with children or adults at risk.